Because of the harsh nature of field work, and because the environment in which you work is dirty by nature, it is normal for field boots to get dirty from time to time.
To make them last as long as possible, it is important to know how to maintain them. For example, using the wrong chemical could render them unusable.
Let’s take a look at some tips that will help you with this:
How to clean work boots? Very useful tips
With these simple tips you can make your work boots look as good as new.
- Drying: if the professional footwear is wet, start by removing the insole and put the whole assembly to dry in the sun. If you expose it to a heat source, this could cause damage.
- Dirt: if the outside of the boot is very dirty, it is best to expose it to a jet of warm water. This will probably not get rid of the dirt, so we can use a brush to get it clean.
- Products: it may be the case that the dirt is so extreme that we need some additional product. To know how to wash safety boots and not spoil them, you can use neutral soap or mix vinegar with water in equal parts.
- Inside: for hygiene reasons, it is highly recommended to wash the inside of the boot, the membrane and change the insole. You don’t need anything more than a simple low brush and a little water to clean the area inside the boot. Do not apply soap on them or wash them in the washing machine, as they may be damaged.
- Storage: once they are clean and dry, it is time to find a dry and ventilated place to store them.